- Mike Martin In January at US Sailing’s 2013 One-Design Symposium in Ohio, Mike Martin was the recipient of the Creativity Award for his contributions in the development of the new electronic umpiring system used in the America’s Cup World Series.
- Chris Williford One of the country’s top young sailors, Chris Williford (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) is battling Leukemia (ALL) and currently receiving treatment at the Boston Children’s Hospital. Chris’s home club at the Lauderdale Yacht Club is organizing and hosting the Chris Williford Second Wind Regatta on May 5, 2013 as a fundraiser.
- Jack Caldwell, Charley Cook and Dave Irish US Sailing congratulates Jack Caldwell (Fayetteville, Tenn.), Charley Cook (Marblehead, Mass.) and Dave Irish (Harbor Springs, Mich.) for their recognition as 2012 recipients of ISAF Long Service Gold Medals.
- Kathleen Tocke In January at US Sailing’s 2013 One-Design Symposium in Ohio, Kathleen Tocke (Newport, R.I.) was presented with the Leadership Award for her efforts in the development of the Miami Snipe Invitational. The event was a huge success in attracting new sailors 30 years and under to the Snipe class, while providing quality instruction in a fun, exciting atmosphere.
- Don Backe The 2012 Old Pulteney Maritime Heroes Award winner Don Backe of Annapolis Maryland was honored at US Sailing’s 2013 National Sailing Program Symposium (NSPS) in Clearwater, Fla. on Thursday, January 31.
- Fletcher Driscoll: January 16, 2013 On Saturday, January 12 at US Sailing’s One-Design Symposium in Rocky River, Ohio, Fletcher Driscoll (Saint Paul, Minn.) received the John H. Gardiner, Jr. Trophy for Service award.
- Hobie Sailor of the Month - Jodee Carvalho and Adam Carper US Sailing is awarding an Arthur B. Hanson Rescue Medal to Jodee Carvalho and Adam Carper for rescuing the pilot of a crashed airplane from a river in Edgewater, Md. on March 26, 2010.
- Jorge Martin de Nicolas For the past several years, Jorge Martin de Nicolas has organized and run the Austin Yacht Club (AYC) Racing School. The school is designed to teach the beginners the basics and get them started in racing.