Sailor of the Week - June 2010
- Pete Melvin US SAILING’s 2010 National Championship series launched last week in Shoreacres, Texas with the U.S. Multihull Championship, hosted by the Houston Yacht Club. In the end, it was the team of Pete Melvin and Nat Shaver taking home the crown.
- John Mollicone US SAILING President Gary Jobson presented the W. Van Alan Clark, Jr. National Sportsmanship Award to John last week at the ICSA National Championships in Madison, Wisc.
- Alex Smith Week of June 10-16 - Alex Smith is anything but an average teenage sailor. At the age of 15, he has already made significant contributions to the sport.
- Don Wilson Last Wednesday's Sailor of the Week: Don Wilson has a passion for match racing. It was this passion that motivated him to develop a state of the art match racing complex, which has done a remarkable job at showcasing this form of racing.
- Harry Legum Sailor of the Week for 6/24 - 6/30: The girls competing at the U.S. JWD Championship were treated with two days of racing clinics. One of the participating coaches was Harry Legum, head strength and conditioning coach for the US Naval Academy’s offshore and dinghy teams.