US Sailing’s 2013 Annual Meeting
Overview of the Annual Meeting:
The Annual Meeting is a unique opportunity for US Sailing members to meet with the National Governing Body’s leadership and discuss relevant industry topics facing the sport, exchange ideas, reflect on progress, and look ahead to future plans.
When and Where:
October 16 - 19, 2013
South Seas Island Resort
The Annual Meeting will provide a platform for inter-committee collaborative discussions which will help answer this important question, "How will US Sailing become the organization that all sailors want to be a part of?" After a morning general session with the staff presentation and a discussion of the organization’s Strategic Initiatives, the room will break into three groups. A focused moderated discussion will take place directing each group to this question by exploring the following issues:
- How can US Sailing support local sailing organizations?
- How can US Sailing grow the number of sailors?
- How can US Sailing improve the safety of our sport?
We want you to be part of the conversation.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in sharing creative ideas and energy towards our goal of growing the sport, making it safer, and providing education resources. Please join us and bring along a friend. Help us double last year's attendance!
- First-timers breakfast – Thursday, Oct. 17
- Championship of Committees regatta presented by Offshore Sailing School – Thursday, Oct. 17
- Welcome cocktail reception sponsored by Gowrie – Thursday, Oct. 17
- Annual Awards Dinner presented by Rolex – Friday, Oct. 18 (South Seas Island Resort). Tickets must be purchased before Friday Oct. 4.
- Participate in a Town Hall with US Sailing leadership – let your voice be heard!
- Special lunch presentations Friday and Saturday
- General registration pricing - $125
- First-timers discount registration - $75 (email email@example.com for promo code)
- Register today!
Please bring your family and take advantage of the venue this year for a perfect fall vacation.
For more details, visit US Sailing’s 2013 Annual Meeting website. For questions, please contact US Sailing’s Events and Special Projects Manager Katie Ouellette at KatieOuellette@ussailing.org or 401-683-2938.
US Sailing remains focused on initiatives that make sailing more accessible at every level. Thanks to the efforts of volunteers like you, US Sailing positively impacts sailing all around the country… We hope to see you in South Florida.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Jake Fish, US Sailing Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 401.683.0800 x614